Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Part 2 of Dental Visit on 18 May

While waiting for the referal letter fr the Dentist to Posh Dental Clinic next door , I called up the hb and explained the whole situation and my options.

HB, " if removal affect biting, better to do root canal,"

I said, " minus the molar, just drink more soupy stuff and softer food lor..anyway maybe it will made me eat less and lose weight :p moreover
tooth cannot be seen

HB, "
soupy stuff and softer food for the rest of ur life ?!"

me, " worst come to worst, I just use my left side lor..just now I was told molar may have 6 roots..so scary !"

Anyway, I went for a second opinion @ Posh Dental Clinic next door..Consultation was foc as I was referred by subsidised clinic

2nd dentist, " right now u r pregnant, we actually dun recommend any procedures.."

me, " wat if i let it be and dun do anything abt it ? will the pain be there for the rest of my life ?"

2nd dentist, "no, it will die off and eventually crumble..and u may choked on it when the tooth broke "

(* this happened b4, just tat i din choke to death...was eating having BK burger with hb then ")

me, ' regarding the root canal, since I cannot do any xray, so you can only remove the nerves I heard'

2nd dentist, " yes, but actually u may still experience pain after that, cos without an xray, we are just guessing how much to remove and we cannot clean out the bacteria properly."

me, " oh, so look like it is better for me to extract ?btw, how many teeth do we have to bite the food

2nd dentist, " 2 per side, #6 and #7..some people after extraction still can adapt well and bite their food properly

2nd dentist, " BUT remember tat once u remove the tooth, it is gone forever..a replacement like dental implant will cost $4k

2nd dentist, " also, if I remove the nerves and found tat it is a C shaped root, i will have to refer u to another place as i dun do C shaped canal..usu 30 percent of people have tat in their Molar"


me, " geez, so u mean tat I have to be rushed to another place with my roots exposed?!" *horrors*

2nd dentist, " dun worry, i will make sure it is covered up b4 u travel to the next place .."



=============

GOSH..i think Root Canal r Scary !

Final Decision => Bye bye to Adult Tooth #2 AND must visit my dentist once every 3 months to ensure no more loss of my adult teeth


No comments:

Post a Comment